At Safelab, we recognise our responsibility in helping to reduce carbon emissions and move towards a more sustainable planet. We are committed to minimising the impact our firm has on the environment, and are working with contractors, distributors and customers to carry this initiative throughout the supply chain.
We recently calculated a verified carbon footprint through the SWMAS’s Make it Net Zero Programme.
Through this programme we have been able to identify our business’s carbon footprint, and pinpoint areas of focus to help reduce our emissions.
As a signatory member of the Network Net Zero Community we commit to the following:
- For our company to achieve Net Zero in line with the Science Based targets set out by the UNFCCC i.e. to achieve Net Zero no later than 2050 and target a 50% reduction in emissions by 2030.
- To set realistic short and long term targets that are designed to achieve our Net Zero commitments.
- To report the total Greenhouse Gas emissions of our business regularly and for our performance to be
part of the Community’s annual reporting back to the UNFCCC.
We have already made some changes including:
- Monitoring our product packaging and looking at ways to utilise recyclable materials and reduce wastage
- Plotting the locations of our product and service orders using a visual aid, with the aim of reducing engineer mileage and fuel consumption
- Advising our customers on the most efficient ways to save energy whilst using our fume cupboards
- Replacing paper in the printers with recycled paper, and encouraging employees to print only when necessary
- Reducing energy consumption of the building with sensor-LED lighting
- More meetings taking place online rather than long-distance travel
- Replacing engineers' paperwork with a digital submission
We are continually looking at ways to reduce our carbon footprint, both at a company level and a group level through the SDI group.